Unicorn Underwriting Limited is committed to protecting all personal data it holds irrespective of where it is located.
We recognise that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to successful operations and to maintaining our customers’ confidence in ourselves. Any personal data which we collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679
Unicorn Underwriting Limited uses a self-assessment approach to assure compliance with the GDPR, and will periodically verify that this Privacy Notice is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, and is completely implemented and accessible.
What will we do with your information?
Personal data will not be used for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except where required by law. Personal data will be retained only if necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
We have a responsible marketing policy and do not give details of our customers or related individuals to any other company. We may contact customers by mail, e-mail or telephone with details of products and services offered by Unicorn Underwriting Limited.
Our commitment to you
Unicorn Underwriting Limited commits to answer any queries about your privacy and its collection or use of your Personal Information and encourages interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact details below.
UK and Europe:
Data Protection Office
Unicorn Underwriting Limited
107 Leadenhall Street
Europe & GDPR
In Europe and the UK, the lawful basis for Unicorn Underwriting Limited processing your personal data is legitimate interest and adheres to the 6 principles of data protection as set out in GDPR. These principles state that personal data must be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Our purpose for holding personal data and a general description of the categories of people and organisations to whom we may disclose it are listed in the Data Protection register. Special Category data is held under the following conditions as per article 9(2) of the GDPR:
Where we process and store special categories of data,
we will take appropriate steps to evidence consent and it is held under the follow basis;
processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations
and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject
in the field of employment and social security and social protection law
in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law
or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law
providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject;
processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine,
for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis,
the provision of health or social care or treatment or the management of health or social care systems and services
based on Union or Member State law or pursuant to contract
with a health professional and subject to the conditions and safeguards referred to in paragraph 3;
Further details of GDPR regulations can be found at the Information Commissioner’s Office website https://ico.org.uk/
Unicorn Underwriting Limited will
- ensure the quality of personal data used apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held
- ensure that the rights of individuals about whom the personal data is held, can be fully exercised
- take appropriate security measures to safeguard personal data
- ensure that personal data is not transferred abroad without suitable safeguards.
Privacy & Cookies
When using the public parts of our website you are not required to provide us with any personal information, except when you expressly submit such information, for example to send a job application form to us. We do not monitor or collect any personally identifiable information from you on your use of the public parts of our website: our monitoring may track the number of visits to the site or a particular page but this tracking will not identify an individual user.
Access to your information
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, or would like to correct or remove information you believe is inaccurate, please email or write to us (see “Our commitment to you” above).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, however in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Changes to our privacy statement
We keep our privacy statement under review and will place any updates on this web page. This statement was last reviewed in May 2018.
Unicorn Underwriters Limited is registered in England and Wales, company registration number 1514749. Registered office 107 Leadenhall Street, London EC3A 4AF.